Woman Set On Fire: What Did Dexter Oliver And His Girlfriend Fight About Before He Doused Her With Gasoline?
New information has surfaced about the woman set on fire in San Francisco on Sunday. The victim's family is starting to talk to the press, and her sister says the couple had a vicious argument over laundry before the suspect, Dexter Oliver, doused his girlfriend with gasoline.
San Francisco police started a desperate manhunt on Sunday looking for Oliver, 22, who could face charges of attempted murder and arson, according to San Francisco police Officer Carlos Manfredi.
Though officials haven't released the victim's name, relatives said the woman set on fire was 25-year-old Starr Lamare, according to KGO-TV in San Francisco. Shortly after the horrific incident, Lamare was transported to St. Francis Hospital's burn center, where she listed in critical condition.
Like Us on Facebook
Now the victim's sister, Precious Craig, has talked to the press and said there was a loud argument between Lamare and Oliver over whether to leave laundry at a laundromat. Soon after, Craig says, Oliver went out to get gasoline and threw it on Lamare.
Neighbors said the incident was terrifying. According to witnesses, Lamare managed to take off her sweater that was on fire and then ran a few blocks to her nearby home. After 911 was called, the ambulance quickly brought her to the hospital's burn unit.
"Most of her face is burnt," Craig told KGO-TV. "Just a little bit of hair is still there, but most of her face is burned."
Lamare, who is a mother of three children, reportedly started dating Oliver about six months ago, the family told KGO-TV.
Now police are desperately searching for Oliver who seems to be on the run. Authorities released the following information about the suspect: He is 5 feet 10 and weighs 155 pounds.
He has a haircut with a fish pattern on one side and a lightning bolt on the other. Manfredi said Oliver was wearing a red-and-white hoodie, pajama pants and gray-and-red Nike shoes.
Oliver "approached her and threw ignitable liquid on top of her," Manfredi said, "causing her to suffer serious burns."
© 2012 iScience Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.