Homeless Man Saved By Dog: Australian Shepherd Mix Named Buddy Delivers Life-Saving Letter
A dog named Buddy has saved the life of a homeless man in Washington State.
According to KIRO 7 Eyewitness News, a woman found the Australian Shepherd mix near train tracks and realized he had a note on his harness. The message read, "Help. Send help. No joke, cannot walk. Medicine not working. Need doctor."
Like Us on Facebook
The woman then called the police, who were unsure of where to find Buddy's owner. However, they discovered that a homeless man lived in a nearby camp in the woods and eventually saved him.
"He was absolutely immobile," said Detective Jen Kolb of the Turnwater Police Department. "He was in his camp and couldn't move from his location. He didn't have a phone to call anybody. No way to reach out to anybody for help, and he was afraid he was going to die."
The homeless man was eventually treated and released from an Olympia hospital and has now been reunited with his four-legged hero.
Buddy is not the first dog to save the life of its owner.
Last month, a pooch named Kira saved his owner Jeff Hoffmeister's life after the diabetes sufferer's blood sugar dropped dangerously low. Kira, a trained service dog, consistently licked and eventually sat on her owner, forcing him to wake up and get something to eat, per CBS News.
Last December, a 9-year-old puppy named "Meatball" saved the life of a former firefighter in the Philadelphia area. According to MyFoxPhilly, Meatball noticed his owner, Joe McCarty, suffering from a stroke. The dog barked consistently and stayed by McCarty until his wife could get help.
Meanwhile, in October, a dog named Duke saved the life of a newborn baby in Connecticut. Per the Huffington Post, the then-6-six-year-old pooch woke up the Brousseau couple, alerting them that something was wrong. They then went into their 9-week-old daughter's room and found her not breathing. The girl's father quickly called an ambulance, and paramedics ultimately revived her.
Perhaps the most impressive story of dog heroism took place in England. Also in October, a girl named Aysha started choking in her living room, per the Mirror. Her dog Sheba heard her owner struggle and rushed into her room. Once there, she hit Aysha hard in the back with her paw, dislodging the piece of food that had been caught in her throat. Aysha's parents were not home at the time, so this pooch likely saved his owner's life, even though she had only been living with the family for two weeks.
© 2012 iScience Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.