Plastic Surgery Addict Hang Mioku: Cooking Oil Injections Disfigure Face Of Former Model [VIDEO]
Hang Mioku is a former Korean model turned plastic surgery addict after she received silicone injections to her face for smoother, softer skin at age 28. Addicted to the treatment, doctors eventually had to refuse Hang any more silicone injections after her face became noticeably enlarged.
Unfortunately, Hang was unable to control her bizarre addiction and proceeded to continue the dangerous practice herself. According to Daily Mail, Hang Mioku injected an entire bottle of black market silicone before she moved on to cooking oil injections.
Like Us on Facebook
According to Plastic Surgery Celebrities, Hang Mioku is now 48 years old. After more than a decade of cooking oil injections, hang's face became severely swollen, scarred, and disfigured. In fact, Hang Mioku's face suffered such a dramatic change that even her own parents could no longer recognize her. Local children in her neighborhood called Hang Mioku "standing fan" because her face was so disproportionally large compared to her tiny body.
When Korean television shared her story, sympathetic viewers donated thousands to allow Hang Mioku to receive corrective surgery. A procedure that involved 10 operations, surgeons carefully removed 60 grams of silicone, cooking oil, and other foreign substances from her face. Another 200 grams of substance were removed from her neck.
Despite the removal of the dangerous mass, Hang Mioku face will be permanently disfigured from the scars caused by years of needle injections. The former Korean model turned plastic surgery addict admits that she would love to have her old face back.
Now, Hang Mioku makes ends meet by working at a recycled clothes shop and from handouts she receives from the state.
Former Korean model Hang Mioku is not the only case of severe plastic surgery addiction. In September 2011, 63-year-old facial surgery addict Janet Hardt of Homewood, Illinois was admitted to the hospital after injecting heated beef fat into her lips and chin. Hardt later died at the hospital of a bacterial infection resulting from weakened walls in her colon. The hospital coroner did not link the injections to Hardt's cause of death.
© 2012 iScience Times All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.